Yesterday marked thirty months (two and one-half years) since Mr Van left us for heaven. That’s over 900 days which is almost unbelievable to me…
I decided to have a quiet day which began by attending our online church service. It is always a comfort when I need a day of privacy.
- I see more glimpses of having the capacity to look ahead a bit, and yet needing to still stay in the day and just do the next thing.
- I see fewer days of continuous tears, and yet still get surprised by grief when I least expect it.
- I see some desire to have a more public life than I have for these past two-plus years, and yet I know that I need quiet days as well in order to pace myself.
I have almost always had a lot of projects on the go, but I am missing my person who gave me so much encouragement and perspective in them.
- It has been a busy almost five weeks taking my suite apart, having air conditioning installed, cleaning afterwards (drywall dust, etc.), and then putting the condo back together. Not quite done but getting there. I actually feel like I moved.
- I just bought the flowers for my balcony and am looking forward to tending to them.
- I am beginning to work on rebuilding a rhythm into my life.
Spring weather has finally arrived in northern Alberta and it is amazing! Waking up to sunshine and blue skies is the best!
- I am so thankful for all the beauty that surrounds us if we take the time to notice.
- I am so thankful for family and good friends.
- I am so thankful for my Audience of One who loves me, encourages me, and also gives me perspective from day to day.
I don’t know what you are facing this week. It seems that everyone has something difficult going on in their life right now but I pray that you know Who to go to as you face those hard things.
- Look for the beauty.
- Treasure your people.
- Give God the glory for all that He provides for you as you follow His leading. He’s just waiting for you to come to Him!
Have a great week! Love, Colleen
To walk along with us and receive mrsvansmusings in your inbox, just click on the Email Request button below. We promise to honor your privacy.
The post “Rebuilding My Grieving Life” appeared first on colleenvannieuwkerk.com